The Amazon Echo Spot Smart Assistant is a versatile device that allows users to give it voice commands related to audio and video, such as playing music, watching videos, checking weather forecasts, and placing video calls.
The Echo works in conjunction with Amazon's cloud-based voice service, Alexa, to allow users to make commands, inquiries, and requests. Some of the things that users can control using Alexa through the Amazon Echo Spot Smart Assistant include:
- operating connected smart home devices like door locks, thermostats, and kitchen appliances;
- set alarms and reminders for appointments and tasks;
- listen to music from personal files and cloud-based applications;
- hear news and weather reports from Internet radio sites.
- Also, it can place orders for goods and services, including ordering food delivery from local providers and products from Amazon.
- It can also allow users to control smart TVs with simple voice commands.
The camera on the Bluetooth-enabled and Wi-Fi accessible Amazon Echo Spot Smart Assistant has a 2.5-inch touchscreen face that delivers picture quality at 480 x 480 pixels. When connected to smart home cameras in and around the home, such as at the front door or a child's room, users can see what is happening in those locations simply by asking the smart assistant. Receiving and making calls is simple as well and, when connected to a video chat service, video calls are also possible through its 1.4-inch speaker. The device measures 4.1 inches by 3.8 inches by 3.6 inches so it can be placed on any flat surface like a table, counter, or mantle and not take up much space.